Datacubist Oy is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
2 What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of Datacubist’s website: IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
- information relating to any transactions that have been carried out between you and Datacubist through Datacubist’s websites, including purchases that you make of Datacubist’s goods or services (including our online store provided by BlueSnap);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of downloading a trial version of simplebim (including your name, organization, email address, phone number, organization type, country, your main application for exporting IFC and your main application for importing IFC);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
4 Purposes of collecting and using your personal information
We process personal information on basis of providing services to you in response to your request. Your request may concern for example, simplebim , simplebim trial or add-on download links. In connection to subscribing or placing of orders on our website, you are requested to provide us with a consent to the transfer of your personal information between Datacubist and Datacubist’s local resellers.
Datacubist and its locally operating resellers have the right to process your personal information on basis of the legitimate interest in managing the licenses that you have subscribed or ordered and in communicating with you for the purpose of maintaining and developing business relationship.
Datacubist and its resellers may use your personal information to:
- delivery of the goods purchased via the website, and
- delivery and provision of the services purchased via the website;
- manage and track simplebim licences provided to you and their validity
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general information and notifications related to the products and services that you have ordered;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested (including simplebim trial or add-on download links which you have specially requested);
- call you relating to your use of our products, maintaining or developing our business relations. These calls can come directly from Datacubist or one of its carefully selected resellers or contractors;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any other third parties than our license management service provider and resellers. No personal information is provided for the purpose of direct marketing of third party products.
We will share information with BlueSnap only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Subject to your separate consent, we may send you general commercial messages related to Datacubist publications or new and available the products. We may also send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications). These messages can come directly from Datacubist or one of its carefully selected resellers;
Whenever you provide us with further personal information through our website, we will use your personal information solely for the purpose it has been provided for and in accordance with the consent you grant to us or to respond to your specific request.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, agents, subsidiaries and companies belonging to the same group, resellers (such as M.A.D., Kubus and Symetri) and subcontractors providing license management services insofar as reasonably necessary for the purpose of offering you the goods and the services that you have ordered and for the purpose of maintaining and developing commercial relations.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
6 International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we and our resellers operate.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union and the European Economic Area.
When needed, we will take necessary reasonable precautions including executing necessary data processing agreements and standard contractual clauses with possible third parties and comply with data protection laws and regulations to protect your personal information.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
7 Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via our online store provider (BlueSnap) will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
8 Policy amendments
9 Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. We are happy to respond to your inquiries. However, should we receive more than one request within the same calendar year from one person, the second and any subsequent requests are subject to a fixed fee of 50 €.
You may request us to correct any mistakes in your personal information that we store and process. We also welcome any updates that you may have concerning your personal information.
You may also request us to delete your personal information in which case we will remove any such information from our systems which is not needed to execute appropriate license tracking or which can be removed without conflict with legal requirements upon us.